Welcome, Galaxy Watch 4!
The latest smartwatch from Samsung is the Galaxy Watch 4 and continues the very successful smartwatch series. It is remarkable that Samsung has dropped its own operating system Tizen and is relying on the new Wear OS 3.0 in cooperation with Google.
This is very interesting for the SubLine Watch (a Wear OS app):
- For the first time, a Samsung smartwatch, which is generally considered to be of very high quality, meets the system requirements of the app.
- The Galaxy Watch 4 is the first smartwatch with the new Google Wear and is therefore also future-oriented for the further development of SubLine Watch.
The smartwatch could be tested in combination with the SubLine Watch app even before the official start of sales. The result: After a few initial difficulties and minor changes, the app works as usual. The Galaxy Watch 4 proved to be an excellent device in the test and will be the preferred smartwatch for the SubLine Watch in the next few weeks. It joins the OPPO Watch and the Ticwatch Pro 3 to the officially compatible Smartwatches.
The Galaxy Watch 4 impresses above all with a
- particularly long battery life,
- high wearing comfort,
- IP68 certification (dustproof and waterproof),
- a large and very bright display,
- extended network functions (LTE + 5 GHz WiFi + new setting options) and
- less aggressive battery optimizations, what facilitates the development of highly available applications.
This means that SubLine Watch will soon not only run on a very good smartwatch, the future development based on Wear OS 3.0 also looks positive.